Do it yourself-
- You will save money- The main reason why a lot of people decide to do a move themselves is because they want to save. Yes doing a move will save you money it is not always the route to go, if that is the plan make sure you have all the correct equipment to make your move run smooth. When planning a DIY move always keep in mind the costs that may add up at the end of your move. Ex: Truck rental, fuel, etc.
- Pack however you want- When you decide to have some friends and family help you move you decide what goes in the truck and how. You have more flexibility when it comes to packing your items and you can keep a more careful eye on your valuable items.
- Total control of the time- You can move at the pace you want, you don’t have to worry about the clock ticking and the price you’re paying.
- Heavy lifting- One of the main cons on doing a DIY move is the heavy lifting. So many people hurt their lower backs during their moves because they don’t know the proper way to lift, not only that but you will be exhausted at the end of the day, you might not even want to unpack your belongings at the end of your move.
- You don’t know if you will have enough people to help you- Are the people that promised to help reliable? A lot of times we have had people call us last minute because their help flaked. When you ask friends and family to help there might not be anything in it for them, and if something else comes up or an emergency you might end up with zero helpers.
- No experience- Do you have the experience required? Most of the people who chose to move themselves don’t have the experience that is required, which means that your furniture might end up broken or scratched.
- Liability responsibility- If you don’t have much experience when it comes to moving it is easier to damage your items, and it can end up being more expensive on your end. Do you have any antiques? If so do you know how to properly wrap and protect them? When you don’t hire professional moving services, you’re risking damage to your items and property and at the end of the day you will be stuck with paying for the damaged item or wall.
- Unexpected problems- Do you know how to react to certain problems that might come up during your move? Did you know that for certain large items the doors must be removed? What happens if your couch gets stuck in the door? You don’t want to wait hours for a professional to come and fix the problem.
- No hassle- When you hire a professional moving company, you don’t have to worry about dealing with any of the issues mentioned above. If you are looking for one of the best moving companies near me then Affordable Moving Services LLC is the right place for you. We pride ourselves in customer service, we make sure that every client feels comfortable and stress free.
- Less responsibility on your part- When you hire a moving company you don’t have to worry about how the items are going to fit in the truck or how the furniture is being moved.
- Experienced and trained professionals- When you hire a professional moving company you are hiring movers that have experience, doing it every single day makes the movers more knowledgeable on how every piece of furniture needs to be moved. At Affordable Moving Services LLC we are licensed and insured and we make sure that all of our movers are properly trained on all aspects of moving.
- No heavy lifting- When deciding to hire a moving company you will not have to worry about lifting a thing. You let the movers take on the heavy lifting job and you focus on enjoying your new place.
- Can be costly- Hiring a professional moving company can get pricey. When hiring a moving company, you must make sure that the company you choose is licensed and insured, that way all your items are protected.
- Not as much flexibility with the time- When looking for professional movers near me, a lot of times the desired dates are not available, especially if it is last minute. Always make sure you call the moving company with enough time to ensure the date you want can be available.